Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Potty Boot Camp and Bowling Night!

Missy crawled into my bed at 0630 this morning and we snuggled with cartoons for a little while.  Then it was time for breakfast and the start of potty boot camp-fluids, fluids and more fluids was my goal with potty breaks starting every 10 minutes and "dry pant" checks every 2 minutes.

We started off a little rough with several accidents.  By about 1100 she was starting to get the picture.We had stretched our potty breaks to every 30 minutes and she had successfully pee pee'ed several times during our previous breaks.  She went for 3 hours with no accidents!!

We had a few other mishaps after that, one of which being on my freshly steam cleaned couch!!!!  Thank goodness for microfiber!! 

About 3pm I needed to shower so I locked her in the bathroom with me while I showered.  She had her little potty close by and I told her to make sure she kept her pants dry and to use the potty if she had to pee pee.

She stayed dry while I showered and then all on her own three times in a row she went potty all by herself!!  I was feeling pretty good about her abilities by then.

Daddy arrived home and made a big pot of mac n cheese for our Cha Cha couples and big kids potluck and bowling night.  I took Missy to Grandma's house while he finished up with potty in tow!!

Daddy, Peanut and I then headed to Krissy and Howard's for the potluck dinner made by all the hubbies.  We had yummy hot dogs, mac n cheese, ziti and pulled pork topped off with a yummy bundt cake compliments of Keith!

I also got to see the little pug puppies that Roxie delivered on 11/18.  They were so adorable.  I have always loved pugs, but hubby said no way to another dog in the house!!! Yes, as cute as they are the last thing we need is a puppy to add to our already crazy lives!!!

We left for the bowling alley around 8pm for dollar bowling night.  We had such a good time.  I can't bowl to save my life and really should have bumpers up because I am the gutterball queen.  The kids had a great time too.  It was so good to get them all together again.  Peanut has grown up with all of these kids and they don't see each other nearly as much as they used to when they were younger and playing baseball together.

We got home around 1030ish and promptly headed for bed.  Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment