Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Last Day!

Well, today was my last day at MC.  As of 730pm I closed the door for the last time and left behind my key and labcoats.  It was rather anticlimactic really.  I hugged everyone with promises to come and see them soon to make sure that everyone was behaving and walked to my car.

That was it.  Almost 5 years of my life were spent inside that little cubbyhole with the Picaso painting that my 2 year old could have conceivably painted.  I used to always joke with patient's all the time when they would comment about that painting and say how beautiful it was and ask who painted it.

I hit the grocery store on the way home to buy the perfect turkey and all the trimmings so that I didn't have to drag all of the young ones with me the next day to accomplish the task and hopefully avoid the last minute shoppers.  Almost $90 later I left.  I obviously didn't have my calculator and coupons on hand for that trip.  Won't be caught doing that again.  There went the grocery budget.  Hope the leftovers last a while!!!

I arrived home around 9pm and unloaded all of my goodies including my 20 lb Butterball turkey!!  Can't wait to cook that baby on Thursday.  Hopefully it will be nice and juicy!!

And for now I bid you goodnight!!  Tomorrow will be a crazy day of cleaning and getting ready for a house full of people on Turkey Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment