Friday, November 12, 2010

Subarctic Tball, Urgent Care and Crazy Chickens!!!

Well, another week has gone by and here I am at Friday again. Just going to hit the highlights to get caught up.

11/6/10-The boys had a very cold Tball game this morning. It was barely 40 degrees.  Poor Schnooky played one inning and then sat out for an entire inning on my lap covered in a blanket and then for the 3rd inning big brother talked him into getting back out in the field.  We went to celebrate at Subway for a change of menu. We got home around 1130 and then Daddy left a little after noon to umpire a baseball game.  It turned out to be the world's longest game in history! I in the meantime stayed home with the munchkins.

11/7/10-We went to church and then back to Grandma's for lunch.  I left the little ones with Grandma and took Mr. Peanut to the Urgent Care because I was concerned about a possible MRSA infection in his knee and he was complaining of left shouder pain.  The boy is falling apart at only 18 years old!!!  He has been started on antibiotics and we will go see my buddy at Jewitt Orthopedic for his shoulder. 

 While waiting for the prescription to be filled we went and had the oil changed in the Sedona.  They also checked the cabin air filter, which by the way I didn't even know existed and have never been asked to have  inspected before.  It is located behind my glove box and filters the air coming into the van. Let me just say that disgusting is not even a good enough description of what that thing looked like when he pulled it out. It was pitch black and had stuff growing in it!!!  Oh my goodness!!!  Needless to say I gladly paid the $40 to have a new one put in!!  I took the old one home to show hubby so it didn't think I was crazy for spending that kind of money on an air filter!!!

11/8/10-Work work work!!!  Not much else to say about today!

11/9/10- We loaded up the kiddies and headed to Volusia County Fairgrounds to meet some other homeschool folks and tour around the grounds before it was open to the public.  The livestock pavillion was quite interesting.  I had no idea there were that many varieties of chickens. Some of them were quite interesting. 

We also saw brand new chicks just hatched as well as the world's largest rabbit, guinea pigs, turkey, ducks, pigs, cows and the most pathetic looking sheep I have ever seen (they had just been sheered).  The poor sheep looked so dejected without their big wool coats!!!  We also got to pet a little calf and see a big model train exhibit complete with Thomas!!!

We left the fairgrounds around 1030 and went with Miss Amanda and her girls to Chick-fil-a.  The kids all ate lunch and then played on the playground while I
sat in the van and participated in a phone interview about allergic rhinitis.  I am getting $150 bucks for a 50 minute interview. Not to shabby!!!

We arrived home about 1240 or so and Missy was fast asleep in the car.  I put her in her bed and she slept until 330.  The boys chilled on the couch and watched a movie for a little while and I went through my drawers and got rid of more clothes and put away every stitch of clean laundry I had laying around.  It was such a great feeling to have my drawers organized and everything in it's place.  When Missy woke up we headed to Grandma's for dinner
and then the ChaCha's arrived for our Tuesday
night walk and Bible Study.  Grandma stayed
 with the little ones while we walked and got
them ready for bed.

The boys went to sleep pretty easily, but Missy was rearing to go after a 3 hour nap.  We let her stay up with us during our Bible study.  At one point she disappeared into the boys room and I went to look for her and found her trying to pull Woobie out of his bed by his feet.  I told her she shouldn't be doing that and she looked at me and said, "I want him to wake up".  Too funny.  She probably would have had him half way out of the bed if I hadn't come in when I did.

11/10/10- I had to leave at 0730 this morning to drive all the way to Waterford Lakes for work this morning.  Not happy about the hour commute at all.  Good thing I won't be doing that again!!!  I did get the nice surprise of being able to have lunch with my good friend Dawn whom I have known since my MSN days at UCF.  She is a very dear friend to me and I will miss her when I have left MC.  She was so sweet and treated me to lunch at Giovanni's. Yummy Ziti and great company. Who could ask for a better day.  I know we will stay in touch always.  We have remained close friends even before I drafted her to come and work at MC.  I am her "Gooberly"!!!

To add to the excitement of my day I received a call from Peanut to report that his knee seemed to be getting worse so I sent him back to the Urgent Care where they performed a little surgery and drained his wound.  We are waiting to get the results of the wound culture! He was none too happy with me for not warning him about that possibility, but I didn't want him to stress about it before he got there.  To add insult to injury I then sent him to see my buddy at Jewitt Orthopedic and he diagnosed him with a shoulder impingement injury for lifting weights and gave him a steroid shot in his shoulder!!  Yikes!!!  This by the way is a boy who does not like needles and trys to talk his way out of a flu shot every year!!!

11/11/10-Another day of work for me today and what a busy busy busy day it was.  I had a nice break for lunch and met my hubby and fellow MC colleague, Kathleen at Qdoba for lunch which was great.  I am hooked on the Mexican Gumbo!!!  Way too many calories consumed by both me and hubby though for sure, but oh was it good!!!  I finished the day after 8pm which I haven't done in forever.  I had patient's all the way to the bitter end and no time to get all of my closing duties done earlier.  Oh well,  pretty soon most of my days will end by about 5 and I can be home with my family for dinner!!!

11/12/10-We all got up a little after 0700 this morning and everyone was hungry,hungry!!!  We polished off breakfast by 0800 or so and then Daddy left for a short trip to work.  We had worship and then I set the playhut up for the kids while I made the grocery list.  Daddy came home around noon with another calorie laden meal from Krystal's.  I take all of the blame, however because I was the one who suggested it.  Who knew 5 little Krystal burgers would be 800 calories!!!  I am officially done with the high calorie meals for a while!!!  The boys discovered and old baseball movie in the entertainment center called Rookie of the Year and wanted to watch it.  They absolutely loved it.  Their eyes were glued to the set the whole time.  So cute how much they love baseball!!! 

Missy and I hit the grocery stores while Daddy stayed home with the boys.  Daddy promised the boys a private tball practice the other day which they did not forget about!!!  They have memories like Elephants, however, it is a selective memory because they have trouble remembering not to use the couch like a trampoline or wrestling mat or remembering to flush the toilet,etc. 

During our shopping I came across a Tinker Bell doll that I could not resist
getting for Missy.  She just absolutely loves Tinker Bell.  I took some pics
with my phone camera. She was so proud!! I picked up some matchbox cars for the boys too!!!

Missy and I returned from grocery shopping just in time for Daddy to leave to help move some furniture for a friend of my parents.  Have I mentioned that we are all too often like two ships passing in the night!!!  I tell you sometimes it feels like that for sure!!!

I fed the munchkins before Daddy got home and then it was time to tuck everyone in for the night.  We brushed teeth and read stories.  Hugs and kisses all around and then it was goodnight!!! Well, at least goodnight for Schnooky.  Woobie and Missy weren't quite as easy to convince. 

I went out to do my Peak 8 training with Noni and thought for sure Missy would have been asleep when I came back, but no way.  Finally, got both her and Woobie to sleep by about 8pm.  Then just a few minutes ago at about 840 or so Schnooky woke up crying and carrying on.  He wouldn't tell us what was bothering him.  Finally, after we ascertained that he didn't need to pee and nothing was hurting we had to just let him work it out.  He settled down and had a drink of juice and is presently crashed on our bed.

Quick update on Woobie and his allergies.  We broke the news to him about no milk, bread or eggs last week and he is really taking it pretty well.  I can't say we have been able to completely avoid wheat, but my little moo cow has not had milk for a week.  He is such a trooper.  Every now and then he asks when he will be able to have milk again, but he doesn't complain when all he gets offered is water or juice!!!  I tell you of all of my children, God knew that he would be the best with taking meds, shots, avoiding foods etc.  I thank God every day when he takes his mineral oil straight down his gullet and when he goes for his shots and rarely complains and now he has handled the food avoidance thing like a champ!!!  Hopefully, he won't have to avoid the foods forever!!!

Never a dull moment around here that is for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment