Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Cookie and the Christmas Tree!

Well, Missy was up at 0600 this morning and rearing to go.  She came in my room with her shoes on and climbed up in the bed.  I turned on cartoons for her so I could doze for a little bit longer and by 0700 both little boys joined in the fray.

Breakfast was next on the agenda and I decided to make oatmeal for everyone, however Woobie did not want what was on the menu and he started to whine, but then caught himself and very nicely asked if he could have something different.  I was so proud of him for stopping his negative behavior without even so much as a hint from me.  I told him how proud I was of him and that because of his wonderful self control that I would make him something different.

We headed to church and actually made it pretty much on time.  After church we headed home for lunch and each of the little ones had 2 cream wafers in hand that Aunt Ninny gave them to eat after lunch.  Of course those are mine and Peanut's favorite cookies so we were drooling over them and hoping the little ones would share.

After lunch it was time to see just how much the little ones loved us, but apparently they didn't love us more then cream wafers because no one was giving up even a morsel.  But then Woobie got up and walked over and gave me one of his two cookies.  It was so sweet that he would share with me.  I then reciprocated and gave Peanut half of my cookie.  Paying it forward!!

After lunch me and the three little ones put up the Christmas tree. This is one of the old trees that we have had since Peanut was about a year old and has to put together branch by branch and is not prelit like the trees of today.  They all did really well at taking turns and helping put all the branches on the tree.

 When we finished it was time to load up and head to the grocery store.  With all four kids in tow we ran up to Publix to buy a few roasted chickens to go with the other leftovers from Turkey Day.

We arrived home just in time for Grandma and Grandpa to arrive back from their trip to NC.  They came over to have dinner with us and then took the three little ones back to their house for a sleepover which meant a little down time for me and Daddy for the rest of the evening.

All in all a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment