Saturday, November 13, 2010

Farewell Party

We were up bright and early today for a 0900 tball game.  The boys are really enjoying game days.  They are usually up and dressed in their uniforms before 0700 and today was no different. 

After the game we went to Subway to celebrate and then we dropped Daddy and Peanut off at home and Grandma and I took the littles shopping at Kohl's.  Missy was in desparate need of some new clothes.  All of her winter clothes from last year are getting too short.  Grandma entertained the boys while I shopped with Missy Miss. 

I had to be careful not to get her too close to the shelves of clothes because she would try and knock all of the clothes off with her Tinker Bell doll and then when I told her not to do it, she would say "Tinker Bell did it!"  Little booger!!

I got her a lot of really cute clothes and stayed within the budget!!  I also picked up a few Christmas presents for some folks too.  It is never too early to start shopping when you get a good deal.

We got home in time for me to get ready for my farewell party with my MC friends.  They arranged for us to go to Brio's in Winter Park Village for dinner and fellowship.  Daddy got back from umpiring shortly before it was time to leave and took over parental supervision.

I arrived to Brio's a little after 630pm to 11 of my dear colleagues/friends to wish me farewell.  I was so moved by the gesture.  They paid for my dinner and gave me such nice cards and gifts.  My dear friend and fellow Clinic Lead gave me a beautiful leather business card holder and Cynthia gave me a beautiful harvest basket full of goodies.  My long time friend from NP school, Dawn even made me some of her homemade Chili frozen in a cooler!!  Yummy!!!

We talked and ate yummy Italian food.  I got lots of photos to remember my friends and hope to stay in touch with everyone.  We all left about 9pm and a good time was had by all.

Back on the homefront Daddy reported a funny incident when Schnooky and Missy were playing in her room and he came out and announced for Daddy to come and look what they had done in Missy's room.  He of course was thinking the worst, but when he came on the scene Schnooky said "Look we cleaned up" and everything was put away.  He and Missy then proceeded to clean up the family room as well.  They are definitely my little worker bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment