Friday, November 26, 2010

Not so self cleaning ovens and Christmas Lights!!!

Today dawned very sluggish for me.  I guess I still had that turkey tryptophan syndrome or something.  Grandpa Rob left a little after 0800 to head back to Bradenton.

 I then decided to clean the oven as I had spilled a bunch of turkey juice in it on Thursday.  Big Mistake!!!  About 20 minutes after it started dark brown smoke started pouring out of the vent.  Then we noticed that there was actually a fire in the oven because of all of the turkey juice that was being burned off.  The brown smoke started to discolor the stove and I decided to stop it.  Too late though as it permanently discolored the burner knobs and took the paint off.  Leave it to me to pull off such an enormous misadventure!!

Needless to say, when the oven cooled and I was able to open it that it was black with soot.  I will be investing in some Easy Off oven cleaner at my first opportunity.  Also, due to the toxic smell that resulted we had to open up all the doors and vacate the premises.

It worked out well though because Daddy was working on the outside lights so we made it a day of fresh air and fun times helping Daddy and Peanut put up the Christmas lights.

We had a repeat of last night's dinner for dinner and then put the young ones to bed and I followed pretty closely thereafter as I was just wooped. I was tucked into bed by 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment