Sunday, November 21, 2010

UCF Baseball!

Well last night I started to get sick!  Stuffy nose, sorethroat, earache.  Yuck!! I hate being sick.  I haven't been sick in almost a year and the timing couldn't be worse.  I was going with Peanut this morning to UCF and then I have to work my last two days at MC on Monday and Tuesday and then I am having a house full of people for Turkey Day!!!

Needless to say, at 0200 this am I couldn't breath and my throat was killing me so I popped a Mucinex D and a couple of Ibuprofen.  By 0400 I could breath, but now I couldn't sleep because I was wired on Mucinex D and having leg cramps.

I finally got up about 0620 to rouse the teenager so we could leave for UCF about 0700.  Missy woke up about 5 minutes later and insisted on having her light on in her room.  I went to get ready to go and the next thing I hear is fussing coming from her room and there is Schnooky sitting in her little rocking chair!  Missy had gone in and woken him up!!!  In a flash Woobie was up as well. 

Grandma arrived about 0650 to watch the little ones so Peanut and I could head down the road.  We stopped at Mobil for a Vitamin Water chocked full of Vitamin C and Zinc to help combat my cold and then hopped on 417 UCF bound.

We hit campus 30 minutes early and pulled into McD's for a bite to eat before going on to the baseball stadium.  Peanut warmed up in the batting cages with his team and then they took to the field to stretch and warm up. 

He then parked himself in the dugout until it was his turn to warm up in the bullpen to pitch.  His time finally came for the last 3 innings.  He did really well.  He struck out his first batter, threw another one out at first, picked off another one trying to steal second.  He was the only pitcher the entire game that successfully picked off a runner.  He got several more strike outs in subsequent innings and all in all finished strong!!!











Now we wait and see if they took a liking to him or not.  After shaking all the coaches hands and thanking them we hit the road and made it to church about 1130 to help Grandma with the kids.

I was beginning to feel really yucky again as my drugs were wearing off.  We took the littles back to Grandma's for lunch and then Grandma took the boys outside while I attempted to get Missy to take a nap with me.  She sat quiet while I read her a few stories, but then I could hardly keep my eyes open and she sat and looked at books while I dozed.

When Grandma came in with the boys we put movies in for all of them and I went and took a short nap to try and regain some energy!

Dinner was fairly uneventful except for Schnooky's meltdown about where he wanted to sit for dinner, but all in all a relatively relaxing evening meal. 

I tucked Missy into bed after that and she was out in less than 2 minutes.  She too is coming down with a cold so she was good and ready for bed especially since she had been up since the crack of dawn.

Daddy read the boys stories and then Grandma went and laid down with them and we headed home to call it a night.  I paid some bills and helped Peanut apply to USF before sitting down to catch up my blog.

And now I am taking my weary snotty self to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment