Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sleep Deprivation and Mammograms

It is Wednesday already!  Wow this week is flying by fast!  So the great experiment of Missy Miss in her new big girl bed is not going so well.  In all fairness, she has not been at her best since we bought her bed last Friday.  She has been a teething, crabby little tyrant to say the least.  Needless to say, I have gotten very little sleep in the last 2 days. 

Monday night she was very fitful and then she came in our room at about 0330 Tuesday morning and thrashed and kicked and screamed.  She couldn't make up her mind what she wanted and would get out of bed and cry all the way down the hall to her room and then go into the kitchen and then back to our room. Finally at about 0500 she announced she wanted a snack!  I didn't have the energy to say no and she sat on the couch in the dark eating cheerios and raisins until almost 0530 when she finally came back to our bed and fell asleep.

 Then to add insult to injury, Peanut came in at 0640 complaining of an upset stomach.  It was his second day of school and he was sick!  After praying to the porcelain god he came back in and announced that he felt better after emptying his stomach and was going to head to school.  As he went back to his room I heard him fussing at Woobie and the next thing I know he brings the little guy in our room to report that Woobie was trying to wake Schnooky Bear. AHHHHH!!!  All the while I am trying to shush everyone so the tiny tyrant sleeping next to me would not be awakened!

Finally, around 0830 we all were up and about and I commenced to cleaning the house in anticipation for the appraiser to come at 1030.  We jumped in the van as soon as he left and headed to the library with Grandma to get Schnooky Bear his free book for listening to us read him 20 books.  He chose a little Biography about Roberto Clemente the baseball player. 

Our next stop was Subway before heading to our meeting with our new homeschool coop.  On the way to lunch Woobie stated that he hoped the restaurant was close to our destination.  Schnooky Bear than asked, "What's a destination"?  To which, Woobie answered, "It's another word for place".  How awesome to hear the 5 year old teaching the 3 year old a vocabulary lesson. 

The coop we were going to was at a couple's house in Sweetwater that they called the Family Fortress.  As soon as we laid eyes on their home we understood why it was called a Fortress.  This was the biggest house, I mean mansion that I have ever been inside.  Their home was 16,900 square feet.  It had 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.  It was 3 stories high and included a theatre room with 2 levels of theatre seating and large movie screen.  It was built in 1973 and at some point was home to actor Dan Akroid.  We were so in awe of the generosity of the couple that opened up their home to all of us moms and our children.  There were probably over 20 children running through every nook and cranny of this house all afternoon. 

We will be going there every Tuesday from 12-4 for coop starting in September.  The little boys are so excited.  Schnooky Bear cried when we left because he didn't want to leave all of the fun inside.  When we first arrived Woobie about cracked me up when he exclaimed that there were Lions sitting on baseball's as we walked up the steps to the front door.  It was actually statues of Lions sitting on top of balls that had tassels on them, but I could certainly see how a 5 year old would think that they were baseballs.

A great time was had by all.  They even got to swim in the pool and jump off the diving board and slide down the 10 foot high slide.  Missy Miss was very content to play near the steps.  We all look forward to going back and learning and having fun at the Family Fortress.

Tuesday evening we left the three little ones home with Aunt Ninny and took Peanut to our last Truth Project Bible study.  We had a nice celebration dinner before starting which totally blew my calorie count for the day, but was worth it!!!

When we arrived home at 930 pm Missy Miss was still up and watching TV with Aunt Ninny.  She had a late nap on the way home from coop and didn't wake up until about 6 pm.  To my surprise she went down like a dream and I didn't hear from her until about 0130 at which time she was having no part of going back in her bed.  Her and I ended up on the couch for the rest of the night so as not to wake poor daddy who had to get up at 0430 to go to work.

 At this point I am definitely beginning to question the validity of our experiment and the dent in our budget!!!  However, I am not ready to totally call the experiment a failure.  We need to wait a bit until she is back to her usual happy self before publishing the official results.

Well, today marks another first for me.  I have now had my first official Mammogram.  Does that make me old?  In all seriousness, my dear friend Krissy and I went together for our first Mammogram to lend each other moral support for this as so many people have extolled torture.  I am happy to report that it was not too bad at all.  No pain involved really.  So, I send a shout out to all the ladies that are reading this and all the men who know ladies very dear to them-Get your Mammogram and perform your monthly self breast exams!! 

Newsflash-my sweet little baby girl has just appeared by my side!  So, I must bid you all goodnight as my sleep deprivation continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment