Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home with the Babies!!

Well, the great bed experiment seems to be going well.   Monday night she stayed in bed all night until 0530 and then climbed in bed with me and slept until a little after 0700.  Tuesday night she got up around 0130 and I put her back to bed and she slept until after 0730 this morning.  So, I have to say so far so good.  Another week or so will tell.

Today I was able to be home with the kidlets.  Grandpa took Woobie and Schnooky Bear to get Woobie's "pinches" and then Grandma met them and took the boys to the library.  Meanwhile, me and Missy Miss stayed home and caught up on folding the three loads of laundry that has piled up over the last week.  Teaching her to be a happy homemaker early in life.

Then it was lunch and naptime.  Well, I attempted naptime anyway!!  Didn't go so well.  No one wanted to sleep this afternoon so I didn't push it.  Instead we went outside and played on the playground for a while and then jumped in the pool.  Well, the kids jumped in the pool.  It has been raining and it was too cold for mommy.  I like it to be close to bathwater temperature for me to take the plunge.  Our time was cut short however because of rumbling in the sky.

The three little ones were so cute on the playground.  They were playing "Mom, Dad and Son".  It was so funny to hear them interacting with each other and role playing. Woobie was the son, Schnooky Bear was Dad and of course Missy Miss was Mom.  Most of it didn't make any sense, but they were so serious at times.  Their little imaginations just never cease to amaze me.

Peanut arrived home about 4pm and had to rush to shower and go to work.  Woobie was so sweet and asked him why he didn't play with them very much anymore.  It was so sweet and sad at the same time.  Peanut just told him he didn't have much time anymore, which is true with him being back at school with baseball practice and work as well.  I hope that he tries to make the time this weekend to spend with his siblings.

The evening menu consisted of Sghetti and meatballs which only Schnooky Bear really ate.  Sometimes I wonder how they have any meat on their bones with how finicky their appetites are.  Although, they snacked on teddy grahams and raisins about 3pm so that probably filled them up.

Then it was goodbyes to Daddy and I took them to Grandmas for a sleepover.  I was supposed to be off for 2 more days and work the weekend, but someone wanted to be off tomorrow and volunteered to pick up my whole weekend.  So, now I work tomorrow, but then I am off for 3 days and get to spend the weekend at home with the whole family.  A fantastic deal I must say. 

Time to call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment