Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkins, Petting Farms and Touchdowns

Well, vacation is over and it is back to work tomorrow.  As usual it went by way too fast, but we did have some fun times this week together.

Wednesday (10/13) I was supposed to meet with the ID doctor that I have applied for a job with, but was not able to meet him because of some meetings that he had.  I did however, go and meet one of his other NP's and one of his rounding nurses.  It was great to get to meet them and see what I would be doing if I get the job.

I got home a little after 4pm and then Daddy dropped me and Missy Miss off at the church on his way to tball practice with the boys.  The pumpkins were delivered a little after 5pm and the unloading process began a little before 6pm.  With the help of lots of folks we unloaded about 1700 pumpkins in record time.  Then it was time to hurry and eat your pizza before the mosquitos carried you away.  Daddy and the little boys were able to get there and help out for a while too.

We got home about 8pm and tucked everyone snug in their beds.  Then it was time to relax and take it easy for the rest of the night.

Thursday we stayed around the house and I cleaned the bathrooms with the help of my little cleaners.  I set them to work on the doors and baseboards.  They were very excited when their paper towel was dirty enough that they got another one.  Missy Miss watched TV while we cleaned and then it was time for a little lunch and then rest time.

I left a little after 1pm to head back up to the hospital and meet the ID doctor.  I met with him for a few minutes and he offered me the job!!!  I then went to his office and met with his office manager to discuss the details.  The salary and benefits are going to be great.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

I then drove around in circles for the next 30-40 minutes trying to find the Medical Staff office so that I could pick up my application for clinical privileges at Florida Hospital.  Boy is there a lot of information to fill out.  I have been working on it all weekend so that I can get it turned in ASAP.

Friday Mom, Ninny and I took the little kiddies on a field trip with co-op to Green Meadows petting farm.  We had so much fun!!!  The kids got to chase chickens, pet sheep, as well as hold guinea pigs, bunnies and baby chicks and ducklings.  They also got to milk a cow.  Schnooky did not want to milk the cow because he said it was too dirty!!  Go figure!!  He will dig in the dirt, but won't touch a cow's udder!!

They also got to ride a pony and go on a train ride and then a hayride too.  At the end of the afternoon they all got to go into the pumpkin patch and choose a pumpkin.  It was a fun time to all of us and the weather was beautiful.

We headed home from the petting farm and ran into the house long enough to let the dog out and change clothes.  Then we headed to Leesburg with Grandma and Grandpa to meet Aunt Sheila, Uncle Ken and Lauren at Captain D's for dinner and then went to Kendyll's high school football game.  She plays the clarinet in the marching band and we got to see them perform at half time.

On our way to Leesburg we were having a talk with the kids about strangers and asking them where they lived and their phone numbers, etc.  Grandpa asked Schnooky what his name was and he very matter of factly replied, "Schnooky Bear" and Grandpa said Schnooky what, to which he said "Schnooky Bear Sean".  I guess we call him Schnooky Bear a lot if he really thinks that is his name.  Too cute!!!

The kids were so good the whole night even though it was a late one.  They also had to sit on our laps the whole night because we were sitting on some very dangerous bleachers with big gaps that they could easily fall through.  As a matter of fact a little boy did fall over 10 feet through the bleachers while we were there.  He was okay, but so scary!!!

Just before halftime,  Aunt Sheila, Lauren and I took the three little kids over to the home team side so we would be able to see Kendyll's band perform and Woobie asked if we were still supposed to cheer for the white and purple team since we were now on the other side of the field.  A lady in front of us turned and told him he could cheer for the orange team if he wanted, but Aunt Sheila told him that we still were cheering for our team, but we could cheer for both bands when they performed.

Peanut met us there around halftime.  He had been at his schools football game until then.  It was nice to have all my kiddies together.  Daddy missed the event as he was enjoying time on his Harley at Biketoberfest!!!

We didn't get home until almost 11pm and summarily put all of our sleeping babies to bed.  Then it was off to bed for the rest of us as well.

Saturday the boys were up and dressed in their uniforms, which they dug out of the laundry hamper, by 0730.  Way too early for me!!  I was trying to snooze on the couch with Missy as they were bugging me to tuck in their shirts and put on their shoes.  I promptly sent them in to see their Daddy aka Coach!!!

Their game wasn't for another 3 hours, but they were ready to go!!  They so love to play tball.  We finally loaded up all 4 kids and headed down the road a little after 10.  The boys did really well and Schnooky even got to play first base!! 

We went with Grandma and Grandpa to celebrate after the game at Taco Bell/Pizza Hut.  We then headed home and Daddy reved up the Harley and headed to Daytona again and I took Missy Miss with me to my friend Lisa's baby shower.  Peanut stayed home with the two little boys to babysit. 

We had a nice time at Lisa's shower.  Missy Miss slept through most of it.  It was nice to see the little Mama and also our friend Dawn too.  We hit the road for home a little after 430pm to relieve Peanut from his babysitting duties.

After we arrived home we all struck out for a walk around the block.  Woobie and Schnooky rode their bikes and I walked with Missy in the stroller and of course the Nonster too.  Peanut helped Schnooky get around the block.  It was a little bit of a rough start, but we got into a groove and everyone made it around.  Woobie rode his bike the whole way.  I was very proud of him. 

Then it was Chicken Nuggets, Mac n Cheese and fruit for dinner.  Bedtime was soon after.  Daddy arrived home just in time to help tuck everyone in.  Of course Missy was having no part of going to bed because she had slept until almost 4pm at the baby shower.  She snuggled with Daddy on the couch while I went for a sprint around the block.  She was so cute as she snuggled close and asked, "Can I sit with Daddy?".  How can you resist that sweet face.  She finally went down about 9pm.

Everyone slept pretty late this morning.  Schnooky didn't come in until 0740.  I was in total shock.  He went and played in his room and then both boys came in around 0825 to see me and Missy who of course was snuggled in bed with me since 0200.  What a treat to sleep in with all three of them in the house!!!

When I was getting Missy dressed we were snuggled on her bed and she would say "I love you so", and then I would say "no, I love you so" and then she would say, "No, I love you so".  It was so cute just snuggling with my baby girl and being silly together.

Grandma came and took the little ones to church early while I got ready and then Peanut and I met them there.  After church we volunteered to help at the pumpkin patch because there was no one signed up.  The kids ran around and played in the patch until Grandma came back about 145 and took them to her house.  Peanut left about 245 and then came back and picked me up about 330 and dropped me at Mom's house before heading to work.

The kids played and then we gave them bathes about 4pm and got ready for dinner.  They all ate very well at dinner and not a lot of fussing either.  Woobie and Missy stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's and Schnooky wanted to come home with Daddy.

Grandma and I powered walked with the Nonster and then I came back to work some more on the credentialling application and catch on my blogging.

I am officially caught up!!!  Now it is time to call it a night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment