Sunday, October 24, 2010

The end of an era!!!

We made it to church almost on time today. We were only a few minutes late.  I am so glad that our church is so close to home.  After church we relaxed at Grandma's house and ate an early dinner of yummy pork tenderloin, zucchini, sweet potatoes and greenie beanies.

After dinner the kids played on the back porch for a while and then we went home to meet Daddy after he got off from work and I promptly left to go to my last staff meeting with MC.  My goal was to arrive early so I could break the news to my boss that I was leaving.  However, several other folks got there early as well, but about 10 minutes before the meeting started I got a few minutes to talk to her in private and share the news.  She was happy for me and sad at the same time.  It is definitely a bittersweet thing for me.

At the end of the meeting I made the announcement to everyone else and got quite an overwhelming reaction of shock and horror from everyone.  I was so flattered to see how much everyone thought of me.  I tried to squelch the tears but it did get a little emotional.  Most of these people have been my second family for the last 5 years.  I will miss them all dearly, but hope to stay in touch. 

As hard as this decision was, I know it is the right one.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time to start the new chapter of my career.

I didn't get home until almost 10pm and it is goodnight blogtown.  I must get my beauty rest to tackle work in the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment