Saturday, October 23, 2010

Old Friends, Old Navy and the Perfect Pumpkin!!!

I got called into work on Monday morning (10/18).  What a way to end my vacation.  I only had to work the first half so it wasn't too bad. 

I was able to have lunch with my dear friend Carin that I have known since high school.  It was so nice to see her and catch up on each other lives and reminisce about the old days.  Our lives are so busy that it is rare that we are able to get together so it was a nice unexpected treat for both of us.

Tuesday (10/19) was coop day.  We decided to only go for the first half and then went to Old Navy to take advantage of the last day of a buy one get one coupon.  As we were pulling out of the driveway it was a tight squeeze getting out between cars and while trying to avoid running over a sprinkler head I grazed the bumper of one the parked cars.  No dents just a little paint rubbed off.  That event sealed the deal for my decision that we needed to simplify and bow out of coop for a while.  It has just become too stressful to get everyone packed up and ready to go and then Woobie doesn't really participate in all of the activities so I have made the executive decision to take an activitiy off of our already overflowing plate.

Shopping at Old Navy cheered me up, however as I was able to fit into size 2 pants!!!!!  Yeah!!!!  I haven't seen that size in almost 6 years.  I also got some really cute jeans and tops for Missy Miss for free.  Her winter clothes are getting way too small for her.  My sweet baby girl is growing up way too fast, as are all of my sweet babies.

The ChaCha's arrived around 6 pm and we loaded everyone up in the strollers and headed out for our power walk.  We walked for almost an hour.  It was great.  Then it was time to tuck the kiddies in bed and start studying Phillipians.  I do so value the fellowship with my sisters in Christ.

I worked the next 2 days and then half day on Friday (10/22).  I then had to run by Dr. Sanchez's office and sign more applications.  There is a lot of paperwork involved in getting hospital privileges!!  I am officially giving my notice this Sunday before our staff meeting.  It will be a relief to have it all out in the open.  I will truly miss all of my colleagues at MC,  but it is time to move my career in a new direction.

I arrived home to the munckins and Daddy about 3. We all cleaned up the tornado that ran through our family room and threw toys everywhere.  Then all the kiddies played jump on Daddy.  Missy was so funny, she saw Daddy's "boob" through the side of his shirt and exclaimed, "There's your belly button"!  She could not be convinced otherwise either.  We both laughed so hard when she said it.  Classic moment for sure. 

Daddy took the boys out for some baseball practice and I watched my sweet little Princess dig in the dirt.  How lady like!!  She was quite enjoying trying to dump dirt on mommy and then she switched to covering her shoes in dirt and then stomping it off.  Who needs expensive toys when you have a pile of dirt with some buckets and shovels!!!

Daddy and I were fortunate enough to have a date night Friday night.  Grandma and Grandpa called and offered their services and a $10 off coupon to Smokey Bones to boot!!!  We had a nice relaxing meal and caught up with each other about the week's events. 

We picked up the kidlets a little after 6 and all were snug in their beds asleep by just before 7pm.  Everything went according to our plan as we were expecting someone from Safetouch Alarm company to come at 7 to talk about switching over our alarm system.  We are now officially switching to them and saving some money at the same time!! 

This morning dawned early and it was pedal to the metal to get everyone fed, dressed and out the door by 0830 for a 0900 T-ball game.  The boys had a great time as usual and were eager to go celebrate after the game.

We left the ballpark before 1030 and then decided to stop at the Fall Festival at a church we were passing because it wasn't quite lunch time at McD's yet.  The kids had a good time playing little games and climbing in a fire truck. 

Then it was off to McD's to celebrate with cheeseburgers and fries!!!  Of course the celebration was not complete without playing on the playground.  We cut it a little short as there were getting to be too many kids
running around the playground.  They were all very obedient and came right away without complaining to get their shoes on and get ready to leave.  I was very proud indeed.

 Grandma and I then took the kiddies to a used book sale in Casselberry to add to our homeschool library.  There were a ton of books to sort through and the munchkins did pretty well while we looked and looked.  We got a bunch of books and some VHS movies for a steal!!!

This evening when big brother got home we all went to the pumpkin patch at church for our yearly quest for the biggest most perfect pumpkin!!!  We got some photos of everyone and let the kids play on the hay bales for a while before heading home for dinner and bedtime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment