Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

Where did the weekend go?  My days off seem to go by too fast.  We have had quite an exciting few days as well.

Friday I enjoyed the day with the munchkins hanging out and doing some housework.  Daddy got to come home a little early and then Missy and I went to the grocery store to load up on much needed food for the pantry.  It was nice to spend some one on one time with my little girl.  She was so good and sat in the cart the whole time without complaint. 

When we got back home we unloaded the groceries in record time and piled back in the car to go to Long John's for dinner and then to the baseball fields to pick up some gear. 

When we got home it was time for the bedtime routine.  I left Daddy to finish putting everyone to bed and went to church for a Ladie's Pajama/Movie Night.  I had a great time visiting with some wonderful Christian women and watching an inspring movie called Faith Like Potatoes.  Very good movie based on a true story.  I would recommend it.

Saturday we were up bright and early.  The boys were very excited because they had their first T-Ball game at 0900.  Thankfully the rain we had stopped and the fields were not too muddy.  They were so cute during the game.  They so enjoyed themselves and both hit the ball well and ran the bases like champs.  Schnooky was the littlest guy on the field.  Daddy said all the coaches on the field were amazed at how cute and small he was running the bases.  One dad even asked if he was doing his homerun jog, but Daddy said nope that is all out!!!  He was going as fast as his little legs could carry him.  Woobie did really well too.  He was a great little first basemen.

We "celebrated" at McD's with burgers and ice cream after the game then home for the rest of the day.  Daddy and Peanut did yardwork and I cleaned house a little and tried to organize a bit.

After getting everyone to bed the sickness began to emerge.  First Schnooky awoke at about10pm crying and complaining of his brain hurting again and running a fever of 100.8 At this point I am very worried and looking up brain tumors on the internet as this is the second time in a week he has complained of this.  He finally settled down and fell asleep in middle of the family room floor.  I slept on the couch and kept vigil over him through the night. He woke a few times and bounced from the floor to the couch and then in the bed with Daddy. 

Round about 2am or so Missy awoke with a fever of 101.6. By that time Schnooky had made his way back on to the couch and I put Missy in the bed with Daddy and then went back on the couch with little man. Oh what a sleepless night to say the least.

Sunday morning it was up early to take Peanut's car to get new tires and spend an unexpected $700 more dollars to replace his front brakes which were completely shot with the left front caliper seized up and rubbing metal to metal.  Thank God for an emergency fund!!!

When Daddy and Peanut returned from dropping the car off, I took Peanut and Woobie to church.  It was my last week to teach Bible Buddies!  We came home to the sick house around noon to find Schnooky feeling fairly well, but Missy Miss had a temp of 102.6. 

We spent a quiet afternoon hanging out at Grandma's and watching movies while Daddy and Peanut went to play 9 holes of golf.  They met all of us at Grandma's for Sunday dinner.  Not a lot of eating from the littles due to still being under the weather. 

Monday it was back to work for me! Pretty steady day, but not too crazy.  I arrived home a little after 8pm and was summoned about 930pm down to Grandma and Grandpa's house where the kiddies were staying because Schnooky had awoken in another crying fit and not opening his eyes. As I drove I continued to think the worst about his condition.  He was now however complaining about his throat hurting and upon inspection his throat looked eerily like that of someone with strep!  Finally settled back down to sleep I went home to crash myself.

First thing yesterday morning I called and made Schnooky an appointment with Dr. K to have his throat looked at and discuss his headaches.  As I suspected he did test positive for strep and subsequently so did Missy and Woobie!!!  The mystery of the week and a half illness running through our home finally solved!!!!  I also was feeling much less anxious about the headaches as this is a common finding with strep throat.

After almost 2 hours at the doctor's office we loaded up and headed to lunch and then to the pharmacy to pick up everyone's antibiotics.  I was so upset that they had to be on antibiotics.  I took great pride in the fact that my sweet babies had never taken them ever until now.  But at least we had a confirmed bacterial infection that we were treating and I would never take the chance of the possible complications associated with untreated strep no matter how rare the chance.

All the way home Schnooky was begging to take his medicine.  I thought okay this may not be so bad since he is so eager.  Ordinarily we have to force even motrin down his throat when he has a fever so I envisioned an all out war with this. 

It was pouring down rain the whole way home which made the drive much longer than usual.  Schnooky was tired of sitting in his carseat by that time and was screaming for me to hold him and at the same time Missy was singing Rain Rain Go Away.  As the rain got louder she would say "Sing louder" and start singing even louder than the last go round.  It was total chaos and you had no choice but to sit and laugh at the whole comedy of it all.

Well, we finally arrived home a little after 4pm.  Mind you their appointment was at 1115 that morning so it had been a long day.  It was now time for Schnooky to put his money where his mouth was-let's just say he was all talk no action.  He screamed and yelled and pitched a holy fit.  I finally had to just hold him down and squirt the medicine in as he screamed.  What an ordeal.  I just kept thinking it was going to be a long hard 10 days.  The other two took there's like champs thank goodness.

Daddy was on bedtime duty as it was Tuesday night Bible Study for the ladies.  A much needed time to get away and focus on our marvelous Creator with my sweet ChaCha's. 

Everyone actually slept pretty well last night. Missy got up around midnight and ended up sleeping on the couch until after 0800 this morning.  Woobie and Schnooky slept pretty well too, however at some point they ended up on the couches too.

I was off to work earlier than usual today because I had to cover part of a shift all the way down at our Sandlake clinic.  It took me an hour to get there.  Won't be volunteering for that duty again if I can help it.  Meanwhile, on my way to work I get a frantic phone call from Grandma because Schnooky has spit out his medicine all over her.  I very matter of factly told him that if he did not take his medicine he would not be able to play baseball.  When he was still refusing I told him I was calling Daddy to tell him that he couldn't play baseball and hung up the phone.  Between the time it took me to call Daddy and have Daddy call home he had consented to take his medicine like a good little ballplayer!!!  It was blackmail I know and I am not ashamed!!!

I got home from work a little after 2pm and did a few things on the computer and then Grandma came to pick up the little boys for Wacky Wednesday.  Missy Miss stayed home with me and Daddy.  About 530pm we took the little princess to dinner at Tijuana Flats.  She is such a sweetie.  It was nice to spend a little one on one time with just her and Daddy.  She sat so nicely in her booster seat and ate pretty well which I was very pleased with as she hasn't had too much of an appetite the last few days.

Then it was home to watch an episode of Dora and off to bed.  She went right out for us.  Hopefully she will sleep well tonight.  The boys got to have a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa after Wacky Wednesday.

Finally, I think I am caught up.  I tell you where did the weekend go?

No comments:

Post a Comment