Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday!

Grandma dropped the kids off around 0745 and the fun began.  I let Peanut sleep in and then he headed for school around 0900.  I let the littles watch Mickey Mouse until 1000 and then we attempted to start our school day.

We had Bible time and then I set Woobie up with the laptop to practice some math and let Schnooky Bear work on Starfall on the other computer.  I then tried to read Missy Miss a story while going back and forth between the boys.  Then I let the boys switch computers and let Schnooky practice his math and tried to get Woobie to work on spelling, but to no avail.  He just kept saying he would do school tomorrow.

Oh boy, this schooling thing is going to take a lot of patience and perseverence, but I am dedicated to training up my children along with Grandma's help.  It is not always going to be easy, but the reward will be worth the blood, sweat and tears.

We had lunch around noon and then I attempted the whole nap thing, but clearly that wasn't happening.  So instead of having all the fighting and nashing of teeth I had everyone sit on my bed and watch cartoons so I could get a little work done on the computer. 

Daddy got home around 230 and then we went swimming for about an hour or so.  It was nice to just splash around with the kids and relax.  It is amazing how well they all are swimming.  Schnooky can now dive down to the bottom of the shallow end and pick things up off the bottom and he is only 3.  Missy Miss is doing well too and can swim half way across the pool.   Of course, Woobie is quite proficient at swimming and diving under the water.  I am so pleased that we invested the time and money for the ISR swimming lessons for all of them.

Peanut and Nikki arrived around 4pm and visited with everyone until we all left a little after 5pm.  They went to the church to leave for Rock the Universe and we took the little ones to Tijuana Flats for dinner.

 The kids actually ate really well and pretty much gobbled up all of their cheesy tortillas and applesauce.  All in all a relatively relaxing meal!  At one point Missy Miss wasn't giving Schnooky Bear the sprite and he was so hurt.  His little face was so sad, I almost cried myself.  I have been an emotional basketcase for a while now over little Ava and things that otherwise wouldn't stir up such emotion seems to put me over the edge now.

We got back home about 630 and got everyone ready for bed and then watched one TV show before tucking everyone in for the night.  They all went down pretty easily thankfully.

I then took Noni for a quick walk around the block with Grandma and then settled down to watch America's Got Talent and catch up on my blogging.

I am now caught up and am calling it a night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment