Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baseball and Bedtime!!

As I sit here and write this tonight I am completely exhausted from an almost 2 hour battle with the 2 year old over bedtime.  She has been quite the little tyrant when it comes to going to bed lately.  She just keeps going and going and going.  I don't know where she gets all of her energy!  If only I could bottle it and sell it on ebay!

On Monday, the boys were so excited from the moment they woke up because they were going to have tball practice that evening after Daddy got home and Daddy promised to let them practice in the backyard before going to the field.  They drove Grandma batty asking her every 2 minutes when Daddy would be home.

I also had the special treat of getting a little Daddy time during my lunch break when I met him at Tijuana Flats for a date.  It was so nice to spend a little one on one time with each other and catch up on what is going on in our crazy wonderful life!

Then much to Grandma's delight he arrived at her house after lunch with me to pick up the boys.  She texted me that she thought she might be even more excited to see him then the boys when he walked in the door.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be at practice because I was still at work, but I hear it was lots of fun.  I am looking forward to their first game and seeing them in their cute little uniforms.  They must ask Daddy about 20 times a day when they are going to get their uniforms.

Tuesday was our second coop day.  We took all three littles with us because Aunt Ninny wasn't able to watch  Missy Miss.  We also had to take 2 cars because I had to leave early with Woobie for our dentist appointments.  Woobie was not really feeling "school" much either.  He was complaining that he was too hot being out on the patio during their art time.  It was definitely a little toasty outside.  We only had time for one of the afternoon sessions which happened to be the one that I set up on the sense of touch.  It went pretty well.  I had different objects in paper bags for them to reach in and feel like sand, a silk handkerchief, an ice pack, cotton, etc.  Then they had to describe how the object felt and we wrote down the adjectives they used to put in their adjective bags.

The dentist appointments went well.  We met Peanut there who had an appointment at 2pm.  No cavities for him, but he needs to have his wisdom teeth pulled soon.  Woobie did great!  He and I got our teeth cleaned at the same time,but in two differents rooms.  He had no problem being by himself.  I could here him the whole time just chatting away to the hygienist.  He had 2 little cavities between some molars, but nothing that needed to be filled.  They said his oral hygiene was great, but he needs to floss!  Mommy is the world's worst flosser so I need to be a good example and start being more diligent with everyone's flossing.

We got home from the dentist and Daddy took Peanut out for some practice and then came in and took the little boys out for a while too.  Meanwhile, Missy Miss who had fallen asleep in the car on the way home from coop at about 4pm slept peacefully as I made dinner.  Despite all the noise I was purposely making and little kisses I was giving her she was not about to get up.  She would just open her eyes briefly and turn over.  We were in big trouble for sure because when she did get up she would be good to go until a very late hour.

Daddy put the boys to bed and Grandma and I headed to our Bible Study with the Cha Cha's.  I got a text from Daddy about 730pm to inform me that "my daughter was awake".  Needless to say Missy Miss was still wide awake and sitting with Daddy watching Dora when I got home a little before 930pm.

I attempted to put her to bed and waged battle until almost 1030pm when she finally wore me down and I put her on the couch where she finally fell asleep about 11pm!

Today we spent a pretty lazy day at home.  We took Noni for a walk after breakfast and then the boys went with Grandpa to get "pinches" and Missy and I hung out at home.  I did some work on the computer while cutie pie watched Diego and then the boys came home a little after noon.  After they ate I attempted to put them down for naps.

Sometimes I am not sure why I bother.  It took me an hour to get Missy Miss to sleep and the boys well you guessed it never went to sleep.  So I did some schoolwork with them and then we played games until it was time to go to Wacky Wednesday.

After Wacky Wednesday we picked up the little boys and went to Long John Silver's for dinner.  The boys ate pretty well, but Missy Miss just wasn't into eating dinner.  It was a yummy change from our usual fare and pretty reasonably priced too.

Peanut as usual was not with us as he was working.  Sure do miss him!!  It is hard to believe that my first born is going to be 18 in just a few days.

We ran by Target on the way home to look at a few things and I am sure everyone in the store knew we were there.  The kids were so loud as we walked down the aisles.  They weren't being bad or anything, just very boistrous. 

Once home it was time to tackle the bedtime routine.  The boys went down pretty well, but as I said earlier Missy Miss was a totally different story.  In the end, Daddy came in and she said she wanted him to lay down with her and within 10 minutes she was out like a light.

I am now ready to call it a night!  If only they all sleep till the am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment