Thursday, January 13, 2011

Playing Catch Up Part 1

Well, it is barely 2011 and already I am playing catch up.  So what follows is a quick rundown of the highlights from the last couple of weeks.  So sit back, relax and enjoy!

1/2/11-We enjoyed the morning at church and then we had a relaxing day at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I took Schnooky to the mall that afternoon to exchange the iPad case.  It was fun having a little one of one with my Schnooky Bear. 

1/3/11-Today was a marathon work day.  We were crazy busy with consults and patient issues.  I didn't leave the hospital until 930pm.  Needless to say, I was one tired cookie by the time I got home.

1/5/11- Missy sitting on her little potty singing...Hi Ho the Dairy-O I like to poop!! She is our little singing bee and now she is writing her own songs!!!



1/7/11-Today Sean and I had a day off together.  Yeah!!!  I started the day off by taking Noni to the vet.  She has been limping on and off for almost a week and then over the last 2 days she has been limping even more.  Peanut came with me to help with her.  They determined that it might be an inflammatory issue so we were given an NSAID which was chewable by the way!!!  Thank you very much for valuing my fingers as Noni is not a great pill taker, but she chews this one right up.

I dropped Peanut and Noni off at home and then I went to get my hair cut and colored.  It was nice to be pampered for a couple of hours and I really love my new doo!!

1/8/11-I worked all day today and then after I got home and we tucked the little ones into bed it was Skyline time with Daddy and Peanut.  We haven't had Skyline in months and it was oh so yummy!

1/9/11- I worked again today and then we had Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's.  We had chocolate chip cookies for dessert and Woobie had already had 3 so when he asked for another one I told him that he had had enough, but he said that his throat was cold and he needed something warm for it.  How could I resist that logic?

1/11/11-Well, today Peanut got into his first fender bender.  He was driving Sean's truck and backed into a lady while backing out of a parking spot at Mobil.  He didn't do any damage to the truck but crunched up the ladie's front driver's side quarter panel over the tire.  To put the icing on the cake, the police officer gave him a ticket for careless driving.  I couldn't believe he gave him a ticket.  Usually in a parking lot they don't write tickets, but apparently according to the officer they couldn't do a driver's exchange because the damage to the other car was supposedly more then $500 in his estimate. 

1/12/11-Today I took Noni back to the vet.  She was limping even more and now she had a growth on her pad and it was draining nasty goo.  So now she is on antibiotics twice a day.  She is actually taking them right out of her food dish.  Shocking!  Usually I have to cleverly disguise the pills to get her to take them so this was a pleasant change to our usual games.

1/13/11-Today after work I got home and the kids were watching Veggie Tales.  At the end of the show the Larry Boy song came on and Daddy and I danced with the kids in the middle of the family room.  We had so much fun just being silly with the kids.  It is these simple moments of spontaneous fun that makes life long memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment