Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Goodbye Plymouth!!!

This morning I got one of the phone calls I never wanted to get!!!  Peanut called me at 0741 to inform me that he had been in an accident on his way to school.  Thankfully, he was okay and no one was seriously hurt except for the cars involved of course.  Although he told me that he cracked the windshield with his head but was feeling fine!!!

I immediately called my mom (aka my lifesaver) and she came down to watch the little ones so I could hurry to the scene of the accident and be with Peanut.  I arrived on the scene a little after 0800 and Peanut was standing outside of the his car with two very nice officers.

The details of the accident are that Peanut was making a right turn on a wet road and lost control of the car and skidded into a poor unsuspecting wonderfully gracious and forgiving young woman who was sitting in the lefthand turn lane.  Her car was subsequently pushed into a truck after the impact.  Thankfully she was not injured and had a heart of gold.  She was so sweet to Peanut and very forgiving of the whole situation.  He couldn't have hit a nicer person.


After waiting for the FHP to arrive on the scene to process the accident and then the tow truck to arrive we were on our way to the hospital to have Peanut's brain checked out just to be on the safe side since it did hit the windshield hard enough to put a pretty big crack in it. I always knew he had a hard head!!  Good news is the CT scan confirmed that he does actually have a brain, despite not using it sometimes and that there was no evidence of any injury!!!  We were all very relieved indeed!!!

After all, automobiles can be replaced but my precious crazy hard headed boy can't!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment