Saturday, December 11, 2010

Recap!

My the week just flew by.  Here is a recap of the week's events.  Just hitting the highlights.

12/3/10-I went to what I thought was going to be my first day of work, but due to an administrative issue I went home about an hour after I got there.  I went home and met the kids for lunch at McD's with Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy.  Daddy and I ran some errands together while the kidlets hung out with the grandparents. 

12/4/10-I had my first official day at my new job.  It was a long day, but I really enjoyed it.  Daddy was on duty at home and in charge of our ongoing potty training marathon with little Missy.  It was a little rough to say the least.

12/5/10-  I had my second day of work.  Wasn't quite as long of a day today.  I made it home in time for Sunday dinner and then Grandma and I took the kids around the block in the car to check out all the Christmas lights before sending them to bed.

12/6/10- Day 3 on the new job.  I think I am getting the hang of it.  I still have lots to learn, but I am really liking the new challenge.  I stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's to see the little boys before they went to bed.  Missy was already fast asleep.  The boys ended up coming home with me to go to bed.

12/7/10-Day 4 on the new job.  I was a little tired after 3 days in a row.  Started the day by having my yearly Gyn appointment.  Always a joy!  I arrived at the hospital about 1030.  I then proceeded to get a nasty headache which I nursed for most of the day.  Not fun!  I finished up a little after 6pm and high tailed it home to tuck the kids into bed and then have Bible Study with my peeps!!  We are studying Romans.  We had yummy Muenster cheese and crackers for dinner.  I have found a new love for Muenster cheese.  It is so yummy and I was really craving it and then Lisa surprised us with the Muenster!!!

12/8/10-Day off!!!!  I snuggled with the littles in bed watching cartoons until after 8am.  The boys were both under the weather and very clingy and whiny.  Missy is still a potty training rollercoaster!  Didn't get much accomplished before leaving to get lunch at Steak n Shake and got get Woobie's pinches.  He was really not into getting his shots more so than usual, but a necessary evil unfortunately.  We then met Peanut at McD's for ice cream which no one really ate.  I got everyone home and took the boy's temps and they both had 102 degree temps and Schnooky was complaining about his brain hurting again and Woobie complained of a sorethroat. A dose of ibuprofen for both of them really helped them feel better.

I was afraid they both had strep again so when Daddy got home from his pinches we went to my old stomping ground and got them tested and thankfully they were both negative.  We then went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.

Missy and Schnooky gave us the biggest scare while we were waiting to pay.  I was getting my wallet out to pay and all of a sudden I looked around and they were gone.  I was freaking out.  I couldn't find them anywhere around us.  I went running around the corner and found them both climbing into a corner booth.  I was so scared!  I grabbed both of them and held them very tightly until we were at our table.  I told all three of them how important it was to stay right with us at all times.  I told them that someone could take them and they would never see us again.  Yes, I was trying to scare them.  At one point, Missy hugged me and said "It was so silly of me to runaway from you".  Then she said if someone tried to take her she would spit at them.  They all went on and on about how they would spit at the bad guys and kick them in the butt.  We let them know just how serious the situation was and to never leave our side again.

I kind of felt sick the rest of the time we were there just running over all of the what ifs and how quickly they got out of my sight.  I think I will keep them chained to my side from now on or better yet strapped in strollers.  I was so freaked out!!!

We finished dinner and headed home.  Missy fell asleep in the car on the way home and we tucked everyone into bed by 8pm.

12/9/10-Today was operation clean house.  We had breakfast and then commenced to doing laundry and vaccuuming the house.  Grandma came down to lend me a hand with the kids and the laundry.   Thank you Grandma!!!  Daddy got home early from work which was nice.  We went outside for a little while and the boys played baseball and Missy played on the playground.  Then it was time to go in and make dinner.  I took the pup for a walk while the kiddies watched Christmas shows after dinner and then it was time to tuck everyone in for the night.

12/10/10-Daddy was on duty today while I went to work.  We are making progress with Missy and her potty training.  Less accidents and she is starting to let us know when she needs to go before she goes! 

12/11/10- Long day at work today!!!  Would have been home an hour or so early, but my last patient of the day had other ideas when I walked in to find him in respiratory distress!!  Missy is doing super with the potty training.  No accidents today and she has initiated all of her potty trips!!  Yeah-I think she has got it now!!  I am so proud of her!!!

And now I am up to date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment