Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great Family Moments!

Well, it has been a few weeks since I posted.  We just seemed to have one thing going after another this last few weeks and I wasn't able to steal any time to catch up my blog.  

So, needless to say I would have the world's longest post if I tried to fit in everything that has been going on since I last posted.  I will do my best to hit the most important memorable moments.
 
First things first, I have been really enjoying my new job.  I have had a couple of late nights as I am getting used to the routine of things and with emergencies arising at the last minute.  Now I am really getting the hang of things and for the most part I have been getting home by no later than 7pm and a few times by 5pm.  I have to say the change has really been great.  I am learning so much and loving being back in the hospital setting.

Daddy has been on vacation since December 16th so he has been playing the role of Mr. Mom while I have been working.  I know the kids have really enjoyed having him home with them.

December 18th was our annual Christmas party.  Before the party we were all working together to clean the house and Woobie and Schnooky were helping to dust.  They went in their room to dust and we walked in after a few minutes to find that Schnooky had taken every book off of the bookshelf so he could dust it.  Woobie had taken my ceramic Winnie the Pooh figurines off of the shelves over his bed and put them on his bed to dust the shelves.   I quickly thanked him for his hard work and carefully had him get off of the bed so I could put the figurines back on the shelves.  He was very careful and thankfully didn't break any of them.  Got to love their work ethic!!

The guests arrived about 7pm and we shared lots of laughs and good food.  We also had a Chinese gift exchange, but this year we had a regifting exchange and everyone dug through their closets and found treasures to give and we had the teenagers join us instead of having a separate gift exchange.  It went really well and everyone had a lot of fun stealing each other's gifts.


December 22nd we made our 3rd annual trip to SeaWorld for our Christmas visit with Santa.  We have enjoyed going every year before Christmas and seeing all of the decorations and festitivites.  We also get our picture taken with Santa in the Polar Express Experience.  The weather was perfect and we had a really good time.  We saw the Sea Lion and Otter Christmas show, the Whale and Dolphin show, the Shamu show and ended our day by seeing an awesome ice skating show at Bayside Stadium.  The kids also got to play in Shamu's Happy Harbor and climb around the nets and tunnels with me and Peanut, play in the sand and go down the big slides a dozen times or so.  Woobie even rode the little Shamu rollercoaster with Grandma.  Daddy, Peanut and I got to ride Manta twice.  There was no line at all!!!  That is a really cool coaster!!!  

On the way out, Daddy bought all three of the little ones their very own Shamu!  An awesome
 day for sure.  Everyone crashed out on the
 way home and we tucked them snug in their
 beds as soon as we got home.  Each one snuggled close to their Shamu!







No comments:

Post a Comment