Thursday, December 2, 2010

Finding my mind at the park!

Today started out a bit of a chaotic.  Mommy was definitely having an out of my mind kind of day for sure.  For starters the potty training is not going as smoothly as I would like to say the least.  Missy just isn't quite getting it.  She won't initiate and go to the potty by herself.  If we aren't right on her every hour or so to sit on the potty then she goes in her pants and tells us after the fact.

At one point in the day she pooped in her pants and it was rolling on the floor.  Oh yuck!!  Then the dog had an accident that I had to clean up as well.  The icing on the cake was when I grabbed what I thought was an empty cup to fill up with water only to find that it was already full and I doused myself and the kitchen floor with water.

/During all of this craziness the kids were all a bit nuts as well and sitting still was not on their agenda. They were taunting and teasing each other constantly.  So between that and the potty training nightmare, playing sanitation expert and than wearing a cup full of water mommy was in for a mini meltdown. 

After taking a deep breath and saying a prayer we loaded up and headed to Subway for lunch.  It was a nice treat to have Daddy join us.  They were still a bit wound up at the restaurant, but at least I had backup!

After lunch Daddy had some errands to run so I decided to take the kidlets to the park and burn off some excess energy.  We had a great time.  They all ran around and played on the playground and made a new friend with a little girl named Chloe.  Missy especially enjoyed playing with their new little friend. 

Finally about 4pm it was time to go.  I was very pleased with all of them.  They came right away when I told them it was time to go without arguing or complaining.  Missy even took a potty break half way through our play time and stayed dry the whole 1.5 hours we were there.

The day definitely got better for sure.  It was so nice to just let go of all the crazy things that happened at the beginning of the day and spend quality time with my sweet babies.  Forgetting everything else and just having a carefree afternoon at the park was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment