Monday, January 23, 2012

Random Monday Musings

So the first month of 2012 is almost over and I am doing fairly well with keeping up.  I am not doing as well as I would like, but face it life is busy and chaotic and sometimes I barely have time to sleep much less blog. 

I worked all weekend, eww!!.. I so wish I did not have to work every other weekend, but that is kind of how it is right now.  The highlight of the weekend was definitely getting a call from our soldier. He called us Sunday night and I got to talk to him for all of about 2 minutes, literally.  He let me know that he was okay and he was eating 3 meals a day and getting 7 hours of sleep every night.  Then he told me basic wasn't all that bad thus far and that they got their rifles!  He also let me know there were 2 letters coming in the mail with his address and unit information so we could start writing him letters...then he said he loved us and goodbye.  Oh and he said they would be earning phone privileges and calls would be made home usually on Sundays!!!  I am so proud of my son.  He has really grown up.  I love him so much and can't wait to see him on graduation day in April.

My little Missy Miss drew me a picture while I was gone on the youth ski trip (another post soon about that).  She even wrote my name (see photo) and told me that it was in cursive!  She's only 3 for crying out loud.  Growing up way too fast.

We have a tradition in our family that we tell each other how much we love one another.  I have been telling Peanut since he was a wee little boy and now his brothers and sister too that I love them right up to the moon and back.  It is from the children's book Guess How Much I Love You!!  So the little ones always like to have their own version.  Schooky seems to be the most creative.  For example~

Mommy I love you right up to my birthday (which is in February)!

Mommy I love you for 105 days!! And not to be out done, Woobie and Missy tell me they love me to Heaven and back!!  They are all so precious!!!

Peanut even bought me a plaque with the words I love you to the moon and back for Christmas!! Priceless!!!

Exciting news for Woobie this Wednesday-he gets his cast off!!!  He has been such a trooper about it too, but he is counting the hours until he gets it cut off.  Not a single person has signed it either.  He wanted to keep it clean I guess.

Well, I guess that is about it for tonight.  Until next time.

Oh, by the way, hubby and I got to go to a Magic game at the new Amway Center Wednesday night (1/18) compliments of my boss.  It was the first time we have been to the new arena.  Very nice. Great seats too.  We were 3 rows up from the floor behind the goal and right next to the home bench.  We had a great time.  It was a great game.  Neck and neck the whole way, but unfortunately we lost in OT by 3 points.  Just a split second difference and JJ Redicks 3 point shot would have clenched the game for us!  Oh well, that the way the ball bounces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment